Easily Implement Guidelines for Perioperative Practice
Guideline Essentials are online implementation tools that help you and your entire perioperative team apply AORN’s evidence-based guidelines in everyday practice.
Guideline Essentials Series
Reinforce a standardized approach to educating and refreshing clinical skills.
Support your team’s perioperative goals and be survey ready.
Maintain and advance your skills to be your perioperative best.
QUICK VIEW (HOW-TO INSTRUCTIONS)Includes photos, illustrations, videos, and an overview of the Guideline.
CASE STUDIES & FAQSLearn best practices from your perioperative peers and get the answers you need.
KEY TAKEAWAYSRetain guideline practices by regularly consulting the key takeaways.
GAP ANALYSIS TOOLSUnderstand your team’s educational gaps and be a step ahead of surveyors.
CUSTOMIZABLE TEMPLATESSave time with customizable policies, competency verification tools, and PowerPoint presentations.
IMPLEMENTATION ROAD MAPDevelop a strategic guideline implementation plan with a detailed infographic.
- Autologous Tissue Management (Updated)
- Complementary Care Interventions (NEW - June, 2021)
- Design and Maintenance
- Electrosurgical Safety (Updated July, 2020)
- Environment of Care
- Environmental Cleaning (Updated)
- Flexible Endoscopes
- Hand Hygiene (Updated June, 2022)
- High-Level Disinfection
- Hypothermia (Updated)
- Information Management (Updated April, 2022)
- Instrument Cleaning (Updated October, 2020)
- Laser Safety (Updated July, 2020)
- Local Anesthesia (Updated November, 2020)
- Medication Safety
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Moderate Sedation/Analgesia
- Packaging Systems (Updated)
- Patient Skin Antisepsis
- Pneumatic Tourniquets (Updated)
- Positioning the Patient (Updated May, 2022)
- Pressure Injury Prevention (NEW - May, 2022)
- Product Evaluation
- Radiation Safety
- Retained Surgical Items (Updated December, 2021)
- Safe Patient Handling and Movement
- Sharps Safety (Updated)
- Specimen Management (Updated)
- Sterile Technique
- Surgical Attire (Updated)
- Surgical Smoke Safety (Updated October, 2021)
- Team Communication
- Transmission-Based Precautions
- Venous Thromboembolism
WHAT OUR MEMBERS ARE SAYING ABOUT GUIDELINES ESSENTIALS
“I like everything about Guideline Essentials! This is a fantastic benefit and one of the main reasons why I joined. Great job. More please....”