The Official Voice of Perioperative Nursing
Read the latest in evidence-based, clinical best practices through the award-winning, peer-reviewed AORN Journal. Available in timely, easy-to-read print, electronic, and mobile formats.
Members get more than 200 free contact hours through the AORN Journal. Maintain your credentials and save an average of $55 on contact hours per issue.
June 2023 Issue
The AORN Journal June issue features the following articles:
- A Perioperative Specialty Elective to Address the Perioperative Nursing Shortage: Student Perspectives and Outcomes
- Guidelines in Practice: Positioning the Patient (1.4 CH)
- Safety First: Understanding the Root Cause Analysis Process to Increase Safety Event Reporting (.8 CH)
- Clinical Issues (1.5 CH)
- Personal protective equipment in the decontamination area
- Administering opioids to patients with obstructive sleep apnea
- Surgical smoke evacuation during Mohs surgery
- Using built-in trocar filters for surgical smoke safety
- Guideline First Look: Guideline for Design and Maintenance of the Surgical Suite
- Actions to Help Address Social Determinants of Health
- And more!
Contribute to the AORN Journal
In the Know, On the Go
- Follow the AORN Journal on Social Media - Keep up with the latest AORN Journal content, events, and news on Facebook and Twitter.
- Sign Up for Monthly AORN Journal Issue Alerts - Get the table of contents in your inbox each time a new issue of the AORN Journal is published online.
- Have You Heard the Journal Lately? - You like to read the AORN Journal, but now you can listen to it, too. The Journal now features special monthly podcasts – full-length and summary - so you can take the Journal with you wherever you go!