The goal of this course is to familiarize nurses and other health care personnel with the Perioperative Nursing Data Set (PNDS), a standardized nursing language that will support evidence-based perioperative nursing practice.
- Define the PNDS language
- Define the model representing perioperative nursing which is the basis of the PNDS
- Outline the evolution of the PNDS
- Describe the PNDS coding system
- Identify clinical implications for the PNDS language
- Define the AORN Syntegrity® Standardized Perioperative Framework
- Identify components of the AORN Syntegrity Standardized Perioperative Framework
Learners receive 1.7 Contact Hours after passing the Post Test with a score of 100% and completing the Course Evaluation. Contact hours expire 12/31/18.
Course Length and Extension
This course is accessible for 4 months from the date of enrollment. If an extension is needed, please call Experience Services at 800-755-2676.
Visit Computer Specifications for Online Learning to learn about minimum system requirements for computer hardware and software used to take AORN online courses.