Improve Surgical Specialty Outcomes
Periop 202™ – essential education for specialty surgical procedures.
Perioperative professionals who take each stand-alone course will learn the workflows and evidence-based practices for a specific procedure prior to being assigned to that surgery.
Learn relevant anatomy, indications for surgery, and best practices for the care of patients undergoing these procedures.
Who will benefit from these courses?
- Experienced nurses who are not yet knowledgeable with, or who want a refresher on, specialty procedures such as total hip arthroplasty, total knee arthroplasty, spine surgery, and orthopedic trauma
- Nurses and surgical team members who want to expand into surgical specialties
- Perioperative educators who want to build their surgical specialty offerings
Note: Periop 101 is not a prerequisite for Periop 202.
Support Your Nurses’ Specialty Interests
Total Hip Arthroplasty, Total Knee Arthroplasty, Spine Procedures, and Orthopedic Trauma are part of the Orthopedic Course Library.
Course features include:
- Standardized education developed by subject matter experts and AORN to greatly benefit facilities
- An up-to-date, interactive learning management system that provides an enhanced educational experience
- Customized medical illustrations, knowledge checks for each course section, and a final assessment
Expand Your Perioperative Education
Periop 101: A Core Curriculum™
Learn more about AORN’s premier perioperative blended education program that covers essential knowledge for working effectively in the perioperative setting – enhancing confidence, teamwork, and patient outcomes.
Check out our Periop 202 FAQs.