Patient engagement is a critical cornerstone of patient safety and quality. This tool kit provides perioperative nurses strategies and resources to incorporate patient engagement activities in the practice setting.
- For Patients: What to Know Before Having Surgery from an Operating Room Nurse's Perspective (PDF)
- Study Guide: The Perioperative Registered Nurse: Patient and Family Engagement (PDF)
- AORN Journal Article: Back to Basics: Patient and Family Engagement (PDF)
- Patient Engagement Task Force Summary and Recommendations (PDF)
- Patient Engagement Resources (PDF)
- Patient Engagement Exemplars (PDF)
- Faculty Disclosure Slide (PowerPoint/PPTX)
- The Guiding Principles for Patient and Family Engagement (PowerPoint/PPTX)>
- Patient Engagement Webinar
- Patient Engagement Webinar Slide Deck (PDF)
Content Reuse Policy
Users are not permitted to use this content for commercial purposes. Users are permitted to copy and paste content and adapt it for use in their work settings. Permission for other uses may be sought directly from AORN, Inc., located in Denver, Colorado (USA), by contacting the Publications Department by email at email@example.com or by fax (303) 750-3441.
Copyright ©2017 AORN, Inc. All rights reserved. Except as noted herein, no part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or any information storage and retrieval system, without prior written permission from AORN, Inc.
No responsibility is assumed by AORN, Inc. for any injury and/or damage to persons or property as a matter of products liability, negligence or otherwise, or from any use or operation of any standards, recommended practices, methods, products, instructions, or ideas contained in the material herein. Because of rapid advances in the health care sciences in particular, independent verification of diagnoses, medication dosages, and individualized care and treatment should be made. The material contained herein is not intended to be a substitute for the exercise of professional medical or nursing judgment The content in this publication is provided on an as is basis.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AORN, INC. DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR THIRD PARTIES RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.