- Actions to prevent wrong-patient, wrong-site, wrong-procedure events (PDF)
- Correct Site Surgery Pocket Guide (PDF)
- Correct Site Surgery Tool Kit Faculty Disclosures (PowerPoint)
- Correct Site Surgery Universal Protocol Facts (PDF)
- Sentinel Event: Prevention and reduction of wrong-patient, wrong-site, wrong-procedure event (PDF)
- Promote Correct Site Surgery Poster (PDF)
Related External Links
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) Wrong Site Task Force
- World Health Organization (WHO) Safe Surgery
Copyright ©2016 AORN, Inc. All rights reserved. Except as noted herein, no part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or any information storage and retrieval system, without prior written permission from AORN, Inc. Users are not permitted to use this content for commercial purposes. Users are permitted to copy and paste content and adapt it for use in their work settings. Permission for other uses may be sought directly from AORN, Inc., located in Denver, Colorado (USA), by contacting the Publications Department by email or by fax (303) 750-3441.
No responsibility is assumed by AORN, Inc. for any injury and/or damage to persons or property as a matter of products liability, negligence or otherwise, or from any use or operation of any standards, recommended practices, methods, products, instructions, or ideas contained in the material herein. Because of rapid advances in the health care sciences in particular, independent verification of diagnoses, medication dosages, and individualized care and treatment should be made. The material contained herein is not intended to be a substitute for the exercise of professional medical or nursing judgment The content in this publication is provided on an as is basis.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AORN, INC. DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR THIRD PARTIES RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.