Discover all that's involved in the perioperative profession by joining the Student Nurses Program on Monday, August 9, 10:15am – 2:00pm.
The day will begin with an exciting interactive presentation that follows a patient through the perioperative experience from admission to discharge. You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Move through the case processing information related to the patient’s care as it becomes available and acting on it.
- Build clinical reasoning and real-time problem-solving skills as you actively engage in determining and customizing care based on the patient’s changing situation.
- Gain a better understanding of quality and patient safety in the perioperative setting.
Following the session, you’ll be invited to tour the Expo Hall where you can:
- Learn about the latest technologies, products, and services for the surgical suite.
- Participate in virtual reality simulations.
- Meet with recruiters from top health systems.
- Enjoy a complimentary lunch .
Student nurses receive complimentary conference registration and are welcome to attend the entire week.*
For questions related to the Student Nurses Program, please contact Susan Bakewell, MS, RN-BC, AORN Director, Perioperative Education & Professional Development.
*Complimentary registration is available to individuals pursuing education leading to eligibility to sit for the registered nurse licensing examination. Nursing students will be asked to show their student ID at registration.