AORN Global Surgical Conference & Expo 2020 | Anaheim, CA | March 28 – April 1, 2020
Education session proposals submitted will be reviewed by national committee and considered for the annual conference and related programs. Proposals are active for a year and may be considered for other education events/activities.
Submission Deadline: The deadline is Friday, June 7, 2019 for the 2020 conference.
Sessions held at different events have varying requirements and vary in length. Most concurrent education sessions at the surgical conference are 60-minutes in length. You may submit for one or more conferences and/or categories. If you have a submission for a 60-minute session and a similar proposal for a full-day session, we suggest you submit them separately.
- Two-part presentations are considered when specifically noted as such.
- Proposals submitted for presentation may also be submitted as poster displays and manuscripts.
- A standard audio/visual equipment package will be supplied for each presentation. Additional AV requests may not be granted.
- All films/videos to be included in a presentation must be reviewed early in the process to allow time for edits. Films/videos that do not follow ANCC Guidelines and AORN’s Guidelines for Perioperative Practice may not be shown.
- Conference presentations may be professionally recorded and may become available for sale as audio over PowerPoint products.
- Concurrent education session (breakout sessions) speakers receive a complimentary weekly registration to the annual conference as remuneration for their presentation and additional funding is not provided. Be sure to include any required honorarium, travel, and other funding for consideration during the review process. Requests for funding after the invitation processes begins are strongly discouraged.
- Keynote Speakers (a limited number of speakers are selected each year) should detail their fees, travel requirements, etc., and provide links to their website, videos, and/or marketing pieces in the ‘additional information field’ for our consideration.
Please contact Susan Love if you have questions.