In today’s meeting of the House of Delegates, Vangie Dennis, MSN, RN, CNOR, CMLSO, began her term as President of AORN for the 2022-2023 term. In a ceremonial passing of the president’s gavel, Holly Ervine, MSN, RN, NPD-BC, CNOR concluded her year as president of the association and transitioned to the role of advisor to the Nominating Committee.
Dennis is the assistant vice president for AnMed Health System located in Anderson County, South Carolina. In her address to the attendees, she congratulated all members who served before her for their vision and strategies that contributed to the value AORN brings to today’s members. She is looking forward to tackling future challenges that will call for invention, research, education, and advocacy to advance surgery. Her theme for her term is, “No Limits,” her call to action for perioperative nurses and AORN to achieve their full potential.
2022-2023 Election Results:
- President-elect: Elizabeth “Lizz” Pincus, MSN, MBA, RN, ACNS-BC, CNS-CP, CNOR
- Vice President: Darlene Murdock, BSN, BA, RN, CNOR, CSSM
- Secretary: Jamie Ridout, MSN, MBA, RN, CNOR, CASC, NEA-BC
Elected to the 2022-2023 Board of Directors are:
- Deborah Marie Ebert, MSN, RN, NEA-BC, CNOR, CCRN, CPAN, CAPA
- Megan Nolan, MSN, RN, CNOR, CSSM
- Rebecca Vortman, DNP, RN, CNOR
Elected to the 2022-2023 Nominating Committee are:
- Hung-Fu “Charlie” Lin, MSN, APRN, NP-C, CNOR
- Daphny Peneza, MSN, RN, CNOR, CSSM
- Olivia Jean Raymond, BSN, RN, CNOR