Sign up for one of our upcoming webinars, designed especially for perioperative professionals.
Online registration is removed the day before the webinar occurs. For assistance logging in or registering by phone, please call AORN Experience Services at 800-755-2676.
Can't make it to a live webinar? Register for the replay after the event and watch at your convenience. Webinar recordings are available two business days after the live webinar.
Speaker: Erin Kyle, DNP, RN, CNOR, NEA-BC
How should perioperative team members select and use sterilization packaging products? Join us for this webinar to learn guideline updates and evidence-based, best practices to implement at your facility to promote safe patient care.
- Describe at least two changes to the AORN guideline for sterilization packaging systems. - Describe important factors for the perioperative team to consider when selecting sterilization packaging products and accessories. - Explain the benefits and importance of standardized processes applied to sterilization packaging.
Speaker: Mary J. Ogg, MSN, RN, CNOR
Perioperative team members work in a high-risk environment for exposure to bloodborne pathogens from percutaneous injuries. Join us for this webinar to learn evidence-based interventions to implement in your facility to significantly reduce sharps injuries.
- Discuss the importance of the hierarchy of controls in reducing sharps injuries. - Explain the difference between work practice controls and engineering controls in preventing sharps injuries. - Describe the evidence-based interventions for reducing sharps injuries in the perioperative environment.
Speaker: Kathryn Schroeter, PhD, RN, CNE, CNOR
This webinar reviews principles of bioethics and the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses. Specific application to perioperative nursing practice will be highlighted including the topics of nurses' conscientious objection, organ donation/transplantation, resuscitation orders and patients' rights to self-determination.
- Identify 6 principles of bioethics - Discuss application of the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to perioperative nursing practice
Speaker: Mary Pellowski, OTR/L, CHT, CEAS; Yeu-Li Yeung, MS, OT/L, CPE, CSPHP
This webinar will examine ergonomic concerns and potential solutions within perioperative environments as recommended in the AORN Guidelines.
- Discuss ergonomic issues and solutions related to safe patient handling and movement in perioperative environments.
- Describe tools to address other ergonomic challenges in perioperative settings.
Speaker: Julie Cahn, DNP, RN, CNOR, RN-BC, ACNS-BC, CNS-CP
This webinar will review the updates made to the Guideline for Autologous Tissue Management in the 2020 edition of the Guidelines for Perioperative Practice.
- Identify two changes to the 2020 edition of the Guideline for Autologous Tissue Management.
- Discuss how tissue establishment registration affects sterilization and distribution of tissue.
- List two ways to determine an expiration date or maximum storage duration of autologous tissue.
The registration fee for this event is non-refundable