Sign up for one of our upcoming webinars, designed especially for perioperative professionals.
Online registration is removed when the webinar begins. For assistance logging in or registering by phone, please call AORN Experience Services at 800-755-2676.
Can't make it to a live webinar? Register for the replay after the event and watch at your convenience. Webinar recordings are available two business days after the live webinar.
Speakers: Brenda Larkin, MS, RN, ACNS-BC, CNS-CP, CNOR; Jay Bowers, BSN, RN, CNOR, TNCC; Lizz Pincus, MSN, MBA, RN, ACNS-BC, CNS-CP, CNOR
Effective team communication and collaboration are an integral part of patient safety. Join this webinar and learn how to communicate clearly during critical patient situations and support a culture of safety in the OR.
- Discuss the principles of working in effective teams.
- Explain the benefits of closed-loop communication for all team members.
- Describe how cadaver simulation is used for trauma team training.
Speaker: Byron L. Burlingame, MS, RN, BSN, CNOR
This webinar will describe the changes to the Guideline for Unplanned Patient Hypothermia including the need for all patients to have either a passive or active hypothermia prevention methods applied. There will also be a discussion about all of the different methods for prevention and a section on temperature measurement.
- Describe which patients are at risk for developing hypothermia.
- List three different methods for temperature measurement.
- State three different methods for passive prevention of hypothermia.
- State three different methods for active prevention of hypothermia.