Get a Competitive Edge on Staff Retention and Satisfaction
Become the Boss No One Wants to Leave
Nurses’ expectations of their perioperative leaders have shifted dramatically from “command and control” to a coaching approach focused on helping nurses learn and grow as professionals. The nurse leader is the linchpin in staff recruitment and retention – and key to reducing nurse turnover.
Are you prepared for this role?
Join AORN for an engaging, interactive one-day seminar and learn the secrets of how to become a great leader through coaching, presented by nationally known leadership coach and author Rose O. Sherman, EdD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN.
About the Spring Seminar:
Dr. Sherman will guide discussions and exercises that expand your coaching toolbox and add practical skills to help you win the talent war and become the boss no one wants to leave by:
- Breaking down essential skills and behaviors for a coaching mindset that helps staff thrive
- Building a coaching foundation to elevate your team to higher performance
- Learning practical strategies to quickly move from stressed and overwhelmed to confident in your role
- Describe what the contemporary nursing workforce wants and expects from their perioperative nurse leaders.
- Identify the differences between a traditional manager mindset and a coaching mindset.
- Provide an overview of how to build a coaching foundation in your leadership.
- Apply the GROW coaching framework to challenging professional development, performance management, and career coaching situations.
Want to Attend for Free?
Nurse Leadership Seminar registration is included with AORN Leader Membership. Learn more.
Special Bonus for Participants
All attendees at the seminar will receive Rose Sherman’s book The Nurse Leader Coach: Become the Boss No One Wants to Leave. Those who read the book and complete a quiz can earn 4 CHs.
San Diego, CA
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel -
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Pittsburgh – Green Tree
Sheraton Dallas Hotel
Palo Alto, CA
Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel
Hilton Newark Airport Hotel
Rose O. Sherman, EdD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN is nationally known for her work in helping current and future nurse leaders to develop their leadership and coaching skills. She edits a popular leadership blog www.emergingrnleader.com She's a professor of nursing administration and financial leadership at Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, FL and Editor in Chief of Nurse Leader, the official journal of the American Organization of Nurse Executives. She is a Gallup certified strengths coach and author of the new 2019 book, The Nurse Leader Coach – Become the Boss No One Wants to Leave.
AORN would like to thank our 2020 sponsors.