7 Fun Ways to Experience Orlando
April 28, 2021
In addition to the expected theme park thrills, you’ll be surprised by Orlando’s variety of exciting offerings when you attend Global Surgical Conference & Expo this August. Make plans to incorporate some Florida fun while you reenergize your spirit, regroup with your colleagues, and recommit to your perioperative career.
Check out these seven fun ways to experience the Sunshine State.
- View Wildlife from a Boat
More than 12,000 square miles of Florida’s geography is water, and its lakes, rivers and wetlands are home to plants and animals not found anywhere else.
- Cool Off in the Water
If you’d rather be in the water, you’ll find plenty of options. The Atlantic Ocean is only an hour drive and the Gulf of Mexico is only 90 minutes away.
- Play Golf
Florida’s golf scene is among the best in the U.S., with the most courses of any state.
- Walt Disney World has four courses alone.
- Nearby Winter Park’s municipal course is among the top places to play in the area.
- If you’d rather perfect your putt in a more lighthearted environment, Pirate’s Cove Adventure Golf offers swashbuckling fun.
Lush tropical gardens and green spaces thrive in central Florida’s environment.
- Harry P. Leu Gardens includes suggested routes through their grounds based on how much time you have.
- A bit farther away, Bok Tower Gardens National Historic Landmark near Lakeland includes 50 acres of Olmsted-designed gardens and a 205-foot art deco and neo-Gothic Singing Tower.
- Close to Disney yet a world away, the Tibet-Butler Nature Preserve is heaven for birdwatchers.
Are you ready to get out of your comfort zone?
Take your periop team and put your minds to work on quirky clues and creative solutions to get out of the room before the time runs out.
- Sure, you know how to insert an IV line, but can you solve the puzzles to get out of Escape Game Orlando or Breakout Escape Rooms Orlando?
Not sure what type of food you’re in the mood for, what you want to buy, or which experiences you want to try?
- Step outside the Convention Center and stroll or take the I-Ride Trolley down International Drive for an amazing selection of dining, attractions, shopping, recreation, and more.
- View Orlando’s theme parks, surrounding lakes, and other central Florida landmarks from The Wheel in ICON Park. Pick from dozens of cuisine options from American to Thai. Cool off at ICEBAR Orlando featuring 70 tons of hand-carved ice, plus custom cocktails served in carved ice glasses.
The options for fun are limitless in the Orlando area. For even more ideas on how to spend your time (and save!) outside the conference, visit our Orlando page to view special offers for conference attendees. Also, if you’re looking for a place to stay in Orlando, book your hotel through AORN to get the best location and rates in the city.