Sterilization Academy - The Secret to Successful OR and SPD Collaboration
Are your OR and sterile processing departments working hand-in-hand to prevent surgical site infections?
AORN’s Nurse Executive Leadership Seminar is a small-group setting where perioperative, SPD, supply chain, infection prevention, and facility leaders will openly and candidly discuss industry-wide issues, share best practices, and problem-solve together.
Discussions will include:
- Improving sterilization processes using evidence-based procedures
- What the OR staff should verify to suggest surgical items are free of viable organisms
- Methods to evaluate the cleaning, decontamination, inspection, and sterilization processes for instruments
- Identification of role responsibilities of the OR staff and SPD for processing of instruments
- Best practices to collaborate, educate, empower, and engage all members of the team to achieve quality outcomes
Speaker: Constance J. Cutler, RN, MS, CIC, FSHEA, FAPIC, Manager, Infection Prevention, Loyola Medicine MacNeal Hospital, Berwyn, IL
To maximize open discussion, seminar attendance is limited to perioperative nurses and related health care personnel currently employed and working in a surgical setting. Individuals working as independent consultants or as employees of medical device and other companies are ineligible to attend.
Where will you attend? Register today.
|Chicago||Thursday, September 13||Register|
|Baltimore||Tuesday, September 25||Register|
|Newark (Wayne)||Thursday, September 27||Register|
|San Diego||Tuesday, October 2||Register|
|San Rafael||Tuesday, October 9||Register|
|Philadelphia||Thursday, October 11||Register|
|Cincinnati||Tuesday, October 16||Register|
|Pittsburgh||Thursday, October 18||Register|
|Atlanta||Tuesday, October 30||Register|
|Dallas||Thursday, November 1||Register|
Not a member? Join AORN to receive 20% off your event registration.