Become a Delegate
Click here to register your 2013 Congress Chapter Delegates!
What is a Delegate?
Delegates are voting members of AORN who attend the annual Congress business meetings and have the privilege to vote on the business of Association during the House of Delegates sessions. There are two types of Delegates – Chapter Delegates and Delegates.
Chapters receive a certain number of delegate seats based on their total chapter membership as of June 30, with a total of 1,500 chapter delegate seats. Chapters then choose, either through a point system (points are awarded for each activity/committee the individual is involved in or attends) or availability, individuals to fill the chapter delegate seats and vote on behalf of the chapter membership as a whole.
Delegates (formally Self-Appointed Delegates) are any voting members in good standing who attends Congress, is not serving as a Chapter Delegate, and wishes to represent themselves when voting. Delegates can sign-up either on the Congress registration form or at Congress.
Below is information to help you with your Delegate duties.
- 2013 Congress Delegate Information
- 2013 Congress Delegate Responsibilities
- 2013 Forum and House of Delegates agenda
Business MeetingsAs an official Delegate, you are encouraged to attend the following business activities. Please be sure to confirm times and room locations in Congress publications. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to all of these sessions.
- Sunday, March 3 Candidates Forum 8:30-11:30am Ballroom 6a/b
- Monday, March 4 First Forum (Bylaws Hearing) 11am-12pm Hall B1
- Tuesday, March 5 Second Forum 3:30-4:30pm Hall B1
- Wednesday, March 6 First House of Delegates 3-4:30pm Hall B1
- Thursday, March 7 Second House of Delegates 12:30-2:30pm Hall B1
Get updated information, chapter calculations and counts, a state tally sheets, and much more on the Chapter Delegate web page.
Remember that ALL voting AORN members in good standing can vote for candidates.
If you have any questions about being a Delegate, contact Chapter Relations Coordinator at 800-755-2676, Ext. 222.