Using State Council Groups on ORNurseLink
ORNurseLink, AORN's online community, offers an easy way to communicate with your state council members. Some of the benefits of using ORNurseLink are:
- Every affiliated state council already has its own group site established.
- No setup or signup is required on ORNurseLink. AORN members log in with their existing AORN usernames and passwords.
- No need to have a "webmaster" to update your site. On ORNurseLink, anyone in your state council group can add new documents and post discussions. State councils can determine who should have group owner privileges and can delete documents, message members, and moderate content.
- Every affiliated state council has its own private document library, calendar, and discussion forum accessible to any AORN member who joins your group.
- Communicate easily with all state council members: Send an email to everyone in your state council group with one click.
How do I log on to ORNurseLink?
Go to www.ornurselink.org and sign in with the email address you have on file with AORN and your AORN password. If you have forgotten your AORN password, there is a Forgot Password link on the sign in page. If you need to update or add your email address to your AORN membership profile, contact our customer service department at 800-755-2676.
How do I find my state council group site on ORNurseLink?
If you want to find your state council's group on ORNurseLink, log on to the site with your AORN username and password and find your state council in the Groups section under the State Councils tab. You can also search for your state council in the Commuity Search box.
Once you find your state council group site, you will need to join the group - if you have not already - by clicking on the blue Join This Group button located in the right-hand column of the group's profile page. After you join your state council group, the link to your group will be located in the My Groups section of your My Network box. The My Network box is located in the left-hand column of every page of ORNurseLink. Click on the link and it will take you directly to your group's page. Learn more about finding and joining your State Council group site.
Do I need to set up my state council group site on ORNurseLink?
No. Every affiliated state council already has its own group site established. No setup is required. However, state council groups self-manage their group ownership. Owners of the group should be changed as state council leadership changes. Learn more about changing group owners.
Who can access my state council group site on ORNurseLink?
Any member of ORNurseLink can join a state council group by clicking the Join This Group button. Learn more about why state council groups are not pre-populated with members, how to invite members to your group, and how to find members in your state.
Do I need to update the link to my chapter on the state council websites page?
As of June 1, 2011 all community.aorn.org links on the state council websites page were removed. If you would like to update your link, please let us know and we will update it.
Where can I find more information to help me use ORNurseLink state council group sites?
In addition to our general ORNurseLink help section, we have put together a special help section for state council leaders to walk you through how to use your group site, including how to message all of your members, how to upload documents, and how to post new meetings to your calendar.
Who do I contact if I have questions about ORNurseLink?
Please contact AORN's Membership & Facility Relations Specialist, Todd Fuhrman, at 800-755-2676 ext. 380.