- Have you conducted new research you would like to share with the surgical community?
- Do you know a hot topic or challenge facing perioperative registered nurses?
- Are you an expert on a clinical topic?
AORN wants to hear from you. Submit a proposal to speak at AORN’s Global Surgical Conference & Expo 2018 in New Orleans, LA, March 24-28, 2018.
What to Know Before Submitting a Proposal
- Our National Committee reviews the proposals to determine which are approved for the annual conference. Your proposal will be active for one year and may be considered for other educational events and activities.
- Sessions held at different events have varying requirements and vary in length. Most concurrent education sessions at the annual conference are 60-minutes in length. You may submit for one or more conferences and/or categories. If you have a submission for a 60-minute session and a similar proposal for a full-day session, please submit them separately.
- Two-part presentations will be considered when noted as such.
- Proposals submitted for presentation may also be submitted as poster displays and manuscripts.
- A standard audio/visual equipment package will be supplied for each presentation. Additional AV requests may not be granted.
- All films/videos to be included in a presentation must be reviewed early in the process to allow time for edits. Films/videos that do not follow ANCC Guidelines and AORN’s Guidelines for Perioperative Practice may not be shown.
- Conference presentations may be professionally recorded and become available for sale as audio over PowerPoint products.
What You’ll Receive
Most speakers receive a complimentary weekly registration to the annual conference as remuneration for their presentation. Required honorarium, travel, and other funding should be detailed in the education session proposal.
The deadline to submit a proposal has passed.
Please contact Susan Love if you have questions or would like to share suggestions for speakers or proposal site improvement.