Friday, April 1 – Saturday, April 2 | 13 CH
In order to work as a highly effective perioperative team, you have to put many different pieces into place. The TeamSTEPPS® system has been utilized in health care for over 20 years. The evidence-based program will teach you strategies, techniques, and tools to teach others in your facility this teamwork system to improve patient safety and communication.
- Fundamentals modules in text and presentation format
- A pocket guide that corresponds with the essential version of the course
- Video vignettes to illustrate key concepts
- Supporting DVD on change management, coaching, and implementation
You will use these tools to teach the rest of your team how to use these tools every day to benefit teamwork and break down barriers.
TeamSTEPPS® provides higher quality and safer patient care by:
- Producing highly effective health care teams that optimize the use of information, people, and resources to achieve the best clinical outcomes for patients and their families
- Increasing team awareness and clarifying team roles and responsibilities
- Resolving conflicts and improving information sharing
- Eliminating barriers to quality and safety
- Amy Halverson, MD
- Ellice Mellinger, MS, BSN, RN, CNOR