Exposure to surgical smoke is hazardous to patients and perioperative team members. Access this collection of current, evidence-based resources to manage and remove surgical smoke in the perioperative environment.
Teach the guidelines for the management of surgical smoke to all perioperative team members with these PowerPoint presentations:
- Pretest (pptx)
- Part I: Introduction to Surgical Smoke (pptx, with user notes)
- Part II: Hazards of Surgical Smoke (pptx, with user notes)
- Part III: An Overview of Health Care Regulations, Standards, and Guidelines Related to Surgical Smoke (pptx, with user notes)
- Part IV: Smoke Evacuation in the Perioperative Setting (pptx, with user notes)
- Part V: Additional Perioperative Nursing Care (pptx, with user notes)
- Are You Still Smoking in the OR? (PDF)
- Your Health Matters (PDF)
- Protect Your Patients from Surgical Smoke Exposure (PDF)
Copyright ©2016 AORN, Inc. All rights reserved. Except as noted herein, no part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or any information storage and retrieval system, without prior written permission from AORN, Inc. Users are not permitted to use this content for commercial purposes. Users are permitted to copy and paste content and adapt it for use in their work settings. Permission for other uses may be sought directly from AORN, Inc., located in Denver, Colorado (USA), by contacting the Publications Department by email or by fax (303) 750-3441.
No responsibility is assumed by AORN, Inc. for any injury and/or damage to persons or property as a matter of products liability, negligence or otherwise, or from any use or operation of any standards, recommended practices, methods, products, instructions, or ideas contained in the material herein. Because of rapid advances in the health care sciences in particular, independent verification of diagnoses, medication dosages, and individualized care and treatment should be made. The material contained herein is not intended to be a substitute for the exercise of professional medical or nursing judgment The content in this publication is provided on an as is basis.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AORN, INC. DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR THIRD PARTIES RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.