As advocates for both patients and co-workers, perioperative registered nurses help ensure that products and equipment in the perioperative practice environment are safe and effective. Education and experience qualify the perioperative RN as a key decision maker and influencer on product selection.
The purpose of this course is to review key considerations regarding the perioperative RN's empowerment and influence in product evaluation and selection.
This online program focuses on the influence of perioperative nurses on purchasing. The module includes workplace scenarios and strategies for effective interaction with hospital staff and industry representatives.
- Describe two outcomes of empowerment in perioperative nursing
- Discuss the influence of the perioperative RN on purchasing
- Specify the clinical expertise that perioperative RNs contribute to the product evaluation and selection process
- Identify strategies for effective interaction during the product selection process
- Evaluate workplace scenarios regarding the perioperative RN's empowerment as individuals of influence during the product selection process
- Evaluate workplace scenarios regarding the perioperative RN's empowerment as key decision makers
Learners receive 1 Contact Hour after answering all questions in the scenario section and completing the Course Evaluation. Contact hour expires 12/31/17.
Course Length and Extension
This course is accessible for 3 months from the date of enrollment. If an extension is needed, there is a $50 fee per month, with a maximum extension of 3 months. Extension months must be consecutive. Please call Experience Services at 800-755-2676 to request an extension.
Visit Computer Specifications for Online Learning to learn about minimum system requirements for computer hardware and software used to take AORN online courses.