- Recall the various physiological changes that take place in the older adult.
- Translate the knowledge of these physiological changes into ideas for perioperative practice.
- Discuss the different communication skills necessary for working with the older adult in the perioperative setting.
- Verbalize intraoperative concerns with transferring and positioning the older adult.
- Distinguish the differences in sensation of pain and pain management in the older adult.
- Identify postoperative and discharge priorities after surgery.
AORN Members: $105
Standard Price: $105
This course is accessible for three (3) months from the date of enrollment. Should you require an extension, there is a $50 fee per month, with a maximum extension of three (3) months. Extension months must be consecutive. Please call Experience Services at 800-755-2676 to request an extension.
Participants receive 1.8 Contact Hours/AEU* after completion of the course and evaluation. Contact hours for this course will expire January 9, 2018.
Denotes an Education Program approved for AEU credit by BASC Provider #0102. AEU credit available upon request only by calling Customer Service at 800-755-2676.