Familiarizes perioperative nurses with the characteristics of Malignant Hyperthermia (MH) and guidelines for treatment.
The goal of this activity is to familiarize perioperative nurses with the characteristics of Malignant Hyperthermia (MH) and guidelines for treatment.
- Outline the history of MH as a known disorder.
- Identify demographic factors regarding MH.
- Identify the pathophysiology of MH.
- Identify facets of preoperative nursing care of an MH susceptible patient.
- Identify methods of treating a patient during an MH crisis.
- Identify steps in post MH crisis patient care.
- Identify guidelines in counseling the patient and family about MH.
- Identify steps in evaluating MH crisis management.>
To receive 2.5 contact hours for this course, you must achieve mastery of the content and submit an evaluation as instructed at the end of the course. This course contains 68 questions.
The 2.5 contact hours for this course will expire June 30, 2017.
This program is approved for 2.5 hours of AEU credit by BASC provider #0102.
Visit Computer Specifications for Online Learning to learn about minimum system requirements for computer hardware and software used to take AORN online courses.