Cleaning and decontamination are the initial and most critical steps in breaking the chain of disease transmission. Hospital personnel need guidance for achieving safe and effective high-level disinfection of reusable instruments and equipment.
The goal of this module is to provide perioperative nurses with reliable practices to reduce the potential for patient harm as a result of DVT.
- Identify patient safety measures related to high-level disinfection in the perioperative setting.
- Identify personnel safety measures related to high-level disinfection in the perioperative setting.
- Identify the types of items that should be subject to high-level disinfection.
- Identify essentials steps prior to high-level disinfection.
- Identify conditions for achieving high-level disinfection.
- Identify factors that influence efficacy of a chemical agent.
To receive 1.2 contact hours for this course, you must achieve mastery of the content and submit an evaluation as instructed at the end of the course. This course contains 40 questions.
The 1.2 contact hours for this course will expire June 30, 2017.
This program is approved for 1.2 hours of AEU credit by BASC provider #0102.
Visit Computer Specifications for Online Learning to learn about minimum system requirements for computer hardware and software used to take AORN online courses.