Periop 101: A Core Curriculum for OB RN Circulator consists of 22 modules from the original core curriculum that have been updated to be directly applicable to the OB RN Circulator. Students who successfully complete this program will receive 33.6 nursing contact hours.
Preview the Course
Try the course yourself. Preview Periop 101 for the OB RN Circulator to get a closer look at this specialized course.
The following modules are included in Periop 101: A Core Curriculum for OB Nurses:
- Aseptic Technique
- Critical Thinking
- Environmental Sanitation and Terminal Cleaning
- Hemostasis, Sponges, and Drains
- Introduction to Perioperative Nursing
- Medications and Solutions
- PeriAnesthesia Nursing
- Perioperative Health Care Information Management
- Perioperative Assessment
- Positioning the Patient
- Preoperative Skin Antisepsis
- Safe Use of Surgical Energy
- Safety in the Surgical Suite
- Scrubbing, Gowning, and Gloving
- Sterilization and Disinfection
- Surgical Draping
- Surgical Instruments
- The Perioperative Environment
- Wound Closure and Healing
This program is approved for 33.6 hours of AEU credit by BASC provider #0102.