Not Everyone in the Operating Room Is a Nurse or a Surgeon
We’ve created a specialized Periop 101 course for additional surgical team members to help prepare them to keep patients safe. This program combines a standardized, evidence-based online curriculum and textbook readings with hands-on skills labs and a clinical practicum led by experienced perioperative nurses.
This specialized course is a comprehensive, blended educational program that is:
- Developed by AORN’s expert perioperative nurse authors
- Based on AORN's latest, evidence-based Guidelines for Perioperative Practice
Who Is This Course Designed For?
This course is for physician assistants (PAs), residents, medical students, interns, advanced practice nurses, and other health care professionals new to the perioperative area.
- Enhances knowledge, skills, and confidence in perioperative practice
- Cultivates a team environment for perioperative excellence
- Boosts evidence-based patient safety
- Assists you in becoming a facility of choice in your area
Find out more about the course content by downloading the Learning Plan.
Questions? Learn more in our FAQ section.Contact UsOrder Now