Upon receiving your order form/signed agreement and payment, AORN will provide your facility administrator with program access for the balance of the Periop 101 2-year term. Once students are registered, they will have 185 days of access to Periop 101. Preceptors have 90 days of access beginning the day of registration confirmation from AORN.
Students complete the assigned learning modules that deliver didactic material, including:
- Goals, learning objectives, and outline
- Required reading assignments - includes applicable information from AORN’s latest Guidelines for Perioperative Practice and the latest Alexander’s Care of the Patient in Surgery
- Recommended video viewing assignments
- Brief streaming video clips from the AORN Perioperative Nursing Video Library
- Interactive learning reinforcement exercises
- Post-test at the conclusion of each module
- Comprehensive, randomized online final exam
Continuing nursing education contact hours (for students only). Upon successful completion of the course final exam, RN students will receive 41.7 contact hours for the OR course, or 33.6 CH for the OB course, or 43.3 CH for the Ambulatory course. (Administrator Course = 2.2 CH; Preceptor Course = 2.7 CH) Individual module CNE contact hours are not awarded.
The following modules are included in Periop 101: A Core Curriculum: