The registered nurse first assistant (RNFA) is a perioperative registered nurse who functions in an expanded role, working in collaboration with the surgeon and health care team members to achieve optimal patient outcomes. Intraoperatively, the RNFA practices at the direction of the surgeon and does not concurrently function as a scrub nurse.
- RNFA Scope and Qualifications Chart
- RNFA Reimbursement - Legislative Preparation and Strategy
- Practice Resources from AORN
- NYS Action Coalition letter regarding RNFA reimbursement (insurance policies)
- NYS Action Coalition letter regarding RNFA reimbursement (Medicare)
- Texas Team Action Coalition letter regarding RNFA reimbursement (Medicare)