The applicant presented for outstanding achievement in perioperative clinical education must be an individual who has demonstrated outstanding achievement in perioperative clinical nursing education. The applicant must provide clinical education to perioperative nurses. The applicant presented in academic education must be an individual who is a perioperative nurse educator in an academic milieu and furthers perioperative nursing practice for nursing students. The applicant must be employed as a faculty member in a nursing program at a college or university.
Examples might include but are not limited to:
- Starting a new perioperative education program
- Developing a student nurses program
- Developing a safety education program
- Developing a simulation program
- Managing an outstanding orientation or preceptor program
- Creating new education methods
- Educating health care professionals on AORN Guidelines for Perioperative Practice
Before You Begin Online Application
- Review online application information and tips.
- Review following required elements for this award category:
- Candidate Statement 1 - In 250 words or less, describe two (2) outstanding contributions that you have been involved in to enhance perioperative nursing relevant to the criteria for this award.
- Candidate Statement 2 - In 250 words or less, describe the impact and outcome of your outstanding contributions on perioperative nursing as described above..
- Nominee's CV/Resume - you will upload in the online application
- Nominator Statement - for nominated applications (upload in the online application)
- Sponsor Statement - for self-nominated applications (upload in the online application)
Deadline: Application submission deadline is November 23, 2016.