The applicant presented for outstanding achievement in perioperative clinical education must be an individual who has demonstrated outstanding achievement in perioperative clinical nursing education. The applicant must provide clinical education to perioperative nurses. The applicant presented in academic education must be an individual who is a perioperative nurse educator either in a clinical setting, or in an academic milieu and furthers perioperative nursing practice.
Examples might include but are not limited to:
- Starting a new perioperative education program
- Developing a student nurses program
- Developing a safety education program
- Developing a simulation program
- Managing an outstanding orientation or preceptor program
- Creating new education methods
- Educating health care professionals on AORN Guidelines for Perioperative Practice
Before You Begin Online Application
Review following required elements for this award category:
- Candidate Statement 1 - In 250 words or less, describe two (2) outstanding contributions to perioperative nursing education.
- Candidate Statement 2 - In 250 words or less, describe the impact and outcome of your outstanding contributions on perioperative nursing education.
- Nominee's CV/Resume - Complete form.
- Nominator Statement - for nominated applications (upload in the online application)
Deadline: Application submission deadline is November 17, 2017.