The AORN Outstanding Volunteer Leadership Award celebrates individuals who demonstrate outstanding achievement in volunteer work by guiding and developing their Chapter, Specialty Assembly, State Council, or by exhibiting a commitment to create a better environment and quality of life to those in need.
Examples might be but are not limited to:
- Working on facility based community benefit initiatives
- Mission trips
- Military troop support
- Significant involvement with other national or local groups where perioperative nursing is represented
- Specialty Assembly leadership to influence change in Specialty Assembly areas of practice
- Meetings with state representatives to influence change, chapter growth, state council implementation, etc.
Before You Begin the Online Application:
- Review online application information and tips.
- Review following required elements for this award category:
- Candidate Statement 1 - In 250 words or less, describe how you have demonstrated outstanding volunteer leadership in guiding and developing your Chapter, Specialty Assembly, State Council, or commitment to create a better environment and quality of life to those in need. Also describe your involvement in mentoring and developing future leaders for AORN.
- Candidate Statement 2 - In 250 words or less, describe the impact and outcome of your outstanding volunteer leadership contributions in guiding and developing your Chapter, Specialty Assembly, or State Council as described above.
- Nominee's CV/Resume - you will upload in the online application
- Nominator Statement - for nominated applications (upload in the online application)
- Sponsor Statement - for self-nominated applications (upload in the online application)
Deadline: Application submission deadline is November 23, 2016.