Congratulations on your decision to start a new chapter. Please use the information below to help you manage the requirements and processes involved with establishing your chapter.
The Chapter Formation Guidelines (Word Doc) outline the requirements to form a chapter. You will need at least 15 AORN members or individuals who qualify to be AORN members who are interested in starting a chapter and being members of that chapter. Before forming a chapter, the following documents and information must be submitted to the AORN Chapter Relations Coordinator.
- Chapter Member Roster (Word Doc) - Names of people who want to members of your new chapter
- New Chapter Recognition Form (Word Doc) - Information regarding your new chapter (name, meeting times, election month, etc.)
- Chapter Bylaws Guidelines (Word Doc) - Customize these guidelines with information specific for your new chapter
- Code of Ethics (Word Doc) - Customize this sample for your new Chapter
- Direct Deposit Form (Word Doc) - Fill out this form (with two signatures) and send it to AORN along with a voided check from your chapter account
- Apply for your Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) from the IRS (IRS.gov)
Here are several documents to help you get organized once your chapter is formed.
- Chapter Officer and Committee Job Descriptions (Word Doc)
- Chapter Willingness-to-Serve Form (Word Doc)
- Document Retention Schedule (Word Doc)