Is there an issue important to you? Chances are it's important to your perioperative colleagues as well. AORN is always looking for new authors to contribute to our award-winning, peer-reviewed AORN Journal. Authorship provides an outlet to improve patient care, educate your colleagues, and continue your professional and personal growth.
Aspiring Writer? Seasoned Author? AORN Wants You!
If you have expertise, experience, or ideas in any of these topics, we are interested in your manuscripts:
- Quality Improvement (QI)
- Literature review
- Concept analysis
If you have a manuscript idea on another topic, we want to hear from you too!
The AORN Journal is Currently Soliciting for Manuscripts
- Infection prevention or control
- Sterile processing
- Measurement methods for workflow effectiveness and quality patient care related to OR technology, including:
- SCANNING (radio frequency identification or bar coding systems) technology to track medication administration, surgical trays, patient location in real time, implants, blood administration, and sterilization;
- DATA systems for intraoperative nursing documentation and device integration;
- DASHBOARD systems for patient updates in the waiting room, OR cases, and OR efficiency; and
- ENVIRONMENTAL systems for disinfection and/or sterilization with ultraviolet, peroxide vapor, or ozone.
Transform what you do every day into a published AORN Journal article. Access resources to get started today, including author guidelines,...
For editorial assistance
Email Publications Department or call (800) 755-2676