Is there an issue important to you? Chances are it's important to your perioperative colleagues as well. AORN is always looking for new authors to contribute to our award-winning, peer-reviewed AORN Journal. Authorship provides an outlet to improve patient care, educate your colleagues, and continue your professional and personal growth.
Aspiring Writer? Seasoned Author? AORN Wants You!
If you have expertise, experience, or ideas in any of these topics, we are interested in your manuscripts:
- Quality Improvement (QI)
- Literature review
- Concept analysis
If you have a manuscript idea on another topic, we want to hear from you too!
The AORN Journal is Currently Soliciting Manuscripts
- Communication, Collaboration, Ethics
- Effective policies related to lateral, horizontal violence and bullying
- Methods of collaboration that support a culture of safety in the workplace
- Ethical foundations that foster the initiation of change in a caustic environment
- Electronic Health Records and Documentation
- Implementation of a specific OR technology that measurably improved workflow
- Metrics for evaluating new OR technology to define meaningful use outcomes
- Barriers (e.g., issues with HIPAA compliance, billing, standardization) to successfully adopting new documentation strategies
- ‘Lessons learned’ while optimizing new technology to achieve meaningful use and outcomes
- Personalized records for patients’ use (Personal Health Records)
- Environmental Cleaning
- Noteworthy current practices
- Changes to standard processes
- Effective improvement efforts
- Health reform
- Legal issues
- Accreditation from The Joint Commission
- Achieving and maintaining Magnet designation
Transform what you do every day into a published AORN Journal article. Access resources to get started today, including author guidelines,...
For editorial assistance
Email Publications Department or call (800) 755-2676