Perioperative Excellence Program
What is a good fit for you and your facility and meets your education and membership needs?
We have membership options for larger facilities (depending on number of members) and for smaller facilties we are introducing a membership plan that requires a minimum of six members but still has all the great benefits that the larger facilities receive. But before we get into which membership works for you, let's first discuss what is PEP.
The Perioperative Excellence Program (PEP) is a solution for facilities to meet the education and professional development needs of their new and experienced staff. It addresses common education challenges facing many ORs today while demonstrating a commitment to ongoing support of staff education.
By participating in the Perioperative Excellence Program, your department will attract and retain quality staff, increase staff competency levels, and create a strong nursing team through educational resources that support practice excellence and optimal outcomes. AORN helps you implement a standardized education curriculum based on evidence-based practices, giving each staff member the confidence to administer the highest level of care.
We have recently modified the components of the Perioperative Excellence Program to include more resources to help you and your staff implement the Perioperative Standards and Recommended Practices. There is also a Perioperative Excellence Program for Ambulatory Surgery Centers.
Facility & Staff Benefits
- Build more cohesive teams
- Enhance staff communication
- Improve morale
- Raise staff competency levels
- Develop new leaders and leadership skills
- Save on education costs and time
- Improve recruitment and retention
- Meet Magnet™ requirements*
Staff will have access to all member resources including:
- 25 free CE opportunities through webinars, toolkits and online education
- An affiliate membership with ANA that offers up to 30 additional free CE
- Access to the Nursing Consult Line and Clinical FAQs
- Monthly AORN Journal with both print and online access
- Weekly Periop Insider newsletter
- Periop Mastery Program Retained Surigical Items module
- Optional registration for our Preparing for the CNOR Exam online course at a discounted rate
- Member pricing on all other education including our monthly Journal CE articles.
- Membership in your local chapter
- And more...
The facility also receives additional tools that will help with staff training and RP implementation:
Call Todd Fuhrman at 800-755-2676 ext 380 for more information or email.
* Magnet™ is a trademark of the American Nurses Credentialing Center.