Product Evaluation and Selection Course
As advocates for both patients and co-workers, perioperative registered nurses help ensure that products and equipment in the perioperative practice environment are safe and effective. Education and experience qualify the perioperative RN as a key decision maker and influencer on product selection.
This online program focuses on the influence of perioperative nurses on purchasing. The module includes workplace scenarios and strategies for effective interaction with hospital staff and industry representatives. After taking this course, the perioperative nurse will be able to:
- Describe two outcomes of empowerment in perioperative nursing
- Discuss the influence of the perioperative RN on purchasing
- Specify the clinical expertise that perioperative RNs contribute to the product evaluation and selection process
- Identify strategies for effective interaction during the product selection process
- Evaluate workplace scenarios regarding the perioperative RN's empowerment as individuals of influence during the product selection process
- Evaluate workplace scenarios regarding the perioperative RN's empowerment as key decision makers
PC Specs - Provide minimum system requirements for hardware and software for computers used to take this online course.
To earn the one contact hour for the course, registrants must answer all the questions in the scenario section of the module and complete the module evaluation.
After purchasing the course, you will receive an email with a link providing course access. After your initial login, you can also access your online courses via My AORN. You have three months to complete the course after you purchase it.
The 1 contact hour for this course will expire 12/31/2014.
Member Price: $20
Non-member Price: $20
Two ways to register:
- Online Registration - choose Browse by Topic and select Online Learning. You can then scroll and select The Role of the Perioperative Nurse as Influencer in Product Evaluation and Selection.
- Call AORN Customer Service at 800-755-2676.
Corporate support generously provided by Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc.
AORN is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
AORN is Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 13019.
AORN recognizes these activities as continuing education for registered nurses. This recognition does not imply that AORN or the American Nurses Credentialing Center approves or endorses products mentioned in the activity.
This program is approved for 1 hour of AEU credit by BASC provider #0102