We Set the Standard So You Can Raise the Bar
Periop 101 contains 25 learning modules that are part of the online curriculum, making it easy for students to access the didactic portion of their education anywhere and anytime. These modules can also be purchased individually to customize your learning curriculum.
The student earns 40 nursing contact hours upon successful completion of the course.
The Learning Modules include:
- Aseptic Technique
- Endoscopic Surgery
- Environmental Sanitation and Terminal Cleaning
- Hemostasis, Sponges, and Drains
- Introduction to Perioperative Nursing
- Critical Thinking
- Latex Allergy
- Medications and Solutions
- Patient and Family Education
- PeriAnesthesia Nursing
- Perioperative Assessment
- Positioning the Patient
- Safety in the Surgical Suite
- Scrubbing, Gowning, and Gloving
- Skin Prep
- Sterilization and Disinfection
- Surgical Instruments
- Surgical Draping
- The Surgical Environment
- Wound Closure and Healing
AORN is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on accreditation. AORN recognizes these activities as continuing education for registered nurses. This recognition does not imply that AORN or the American Nurses Credentialing Center approves or endorses products mentioned in the activities.
AORN is provider-approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 13019.