Call for Proposals/Abstracts
Pre-Conference certificate programs (4 - 7.5 CH) presented
AORN Surgical Conference & Expo 2015 Theme: Pursuit of Excellence
Education Session Proposals
The majority of concurrent sessions held at the AORN Surgical Conference & Expo are 60 minutes in length. There may be a limited number of sessions that are 90 minutes in length. All sessions are to include teach methods that engage the audience by including polling questions, case studies. Some session rooms at the AORN annual meeting will include polling technology. Webinars will be scheduled for presenters selected to present at the annual meeting. The webinars will include the development of the presentation, PowerPoint slide deck , handouts, and how to keep the audience engaged. All presenters will be expected to include audience questions within their presentation. All faculty webinars will be recorded and be accessed on demand.
- Pre-Conference Certificate Programs are a half day (3.5 CH to 4 CH) or full day (7.5 to 8 CH). There will be 4 or 5 Pre Conference Sessions.
- Proposals submitted for presentation may also be submitted as Poster displays.
- Standard audio/visual equipment will be supplied for each presentation. Additional AV requests may not be granted.
- All films/videos to be included in a presentation must be reviewed early in the process to allow time for edits. Films/videos that do not follow ANCC guidelines and AORN Standards and Recommended Practices may not be shown.
- Conference presentations are professionally recorded and may be available for sale with the PowerPoint.
The deadline for 2015 Surgical Conference & Expo education session proposal submission is May 23, 2014.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding Education Session Proposals, encounter any problems with this site, or would like to share suggestions for improvement, please contact Susan Love.
Begin Application Process
Posters are an effective method of communicating timely and original work in a public forum. They represent ideas in a graphical format, are interactive, and facilitate productive discussion between poster authors and interested colleagues in the perioperative profession. Posters share the actions and ideas that are successful in your facility with perioperative nurses around the world.
The deadline to submit poster abstracts for the 2015 AORN Surgical Conference & Expo is October 3, 2014.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding Poster Abstracts, encounter any problems with this site, or would like to share suggestions for improvement, please contact Beth Gabrysiak.